PEPPOL is a major European success story leveraging international best practice for digital business interoperability.
PEPPOL standards cover connectivity, key business processes and transactions including catalogues, orders, invoices, despatch advices, message level responses and more.
In simple terms it consists of:
- Infrastructure where buyers and sellers can exchange electronic documents
- A non-for-profit organisation, OpenPEPPOL, which maintains and governs the PEPPOL standard
How it works
PEPPOL is a secure scalable cloud network of thousands of independent access points managed at international level by an EU approved not for profit consortium.
Each company simply connects once via an approved ‘access point’ – such as provided by Celtrino – and immediately has global reach to all trading partners. Connect once, connect to all – it really does work!
A global address book of digital trading capability facilitates rapid and seamless expansion. Celtrino is an approved provider of hosted SMP services for publishing and lookup of address details and trading capability.
The truly global nature of PEPPOL means that roaming fees are history.
Get connected – get going!
Benefits of PEPPOL
- Allows both public sector buyers and suppliers to streamline the entire process of doing business with each other.
- Leads to improved trading relations, as suppliers can be paid more efficiently.
- Delivers huge efficiency savings never available to the public sector before.
- Enables public sector buyers to discover new suppliers/access a broader range of suppliers across Europe, and expand in new European markets.
- Participants can reduce approval/processing time of invoices and orders from weeks to days.
- PEPPOL is pan-European and growing globally. The Governments of Singapore, Australia and New Zealand are now PEPPOL members.
Celtrino PEPPOL Solutions
Besides being approved for the core PEPPOL “access point” and “SMP” services, Celtrino has a range of business process services covering:
|Requisitioning||PEPPOL Ordering||PEPPOL Billing|
Celtrino is an active participant in the development of PEPPOL standards since 2012.
Celtrino was the first access point and SMP provider to be authorised by the Irish Office of Government Procurement.
Celtrino is the exclusive provider of e-invoicing and PEPPOL network services to Irish central government agencies. Celtrino is the preferred provider of e-invoicing and PEPPOL network services to Irish local government agencies.
Celtrino has specialised in e-trading for more than 30 years supporting more than 25 million transactions annually.