Electronic Archiving (e-archiving) consists of the processes in which physical documents are converted into electronic documents, so they can be continually accessed and re-used over time
Why do you need e-Archiving?
Many businesses accumulate important documentation that is important and should not be disposed of. Such files may be needed for future reference or may even have to be retained for regulatory compliance. There are also requirements for organisations to keep a trail of business documents for revenue purposes. Archiving is concerned with taking files that are no longer actively used and moving them to storage for long-term retention. In order that these files are easy to retrieve, archives should be indexed and searchable. With authorised multiple user access, indexed archived files can save time and effort.
When transferring data between business systems, traditionally ‘data migration’ has been carried out – where data is exported out of one system and imported back into another. This can lead to missing data when it is re-imported. By archiving the data, the process ensures that the original data will still be available and reusable as long as is deemed necessary – so that there is never an issue with data being misplaced.
Paper documents often deteriorate over time. When data is stored electronically it is much easier to access and retrieve. Organisations often move between different business systems and software as they progress over time, and data needs to be seamlessly transferred to newer systems. Electronic data can easily be passed between different systems, as opposed to physical data which needs to be manually processed which in turn can lead to errors. Electronic data is always available on demand, can be accessed and used by any authorized individual in an organization, at any time. In addition, there is no ambiguity as to where the data is stored. In contrast, a paper document is often passed around between stakeholders, and can be easy to misplace.
Benefits of e-Archiving
- Cost savings
- Quicker access to your preserved data
- A more standardized way of accessing and using data
- More secure information
- Less time needed for data processing
- Lesser risk of losing data
- Indexed data means easy search and retrieval
Celtrino e-Archiving Service:
- adheres to existing data protection legislation
- allows for data to be stored in accordance with Revenue VAT rules
- ensures the e-archive, and information within, is adequately secured and backed up to preserve its confidentiality, integrity and availability
- automatically maintains an e-archive of all electronic documents that a buyer receives from their suppliers
- provides users with an easy-to-use web interface to search, view, download, print and/or examine their data
- provides user identification and authentication controls to protect users against unauthorised access to their accounts
- presents archived electronic invoices to users in a clear and user friendly layout that is similar in layout to a typical paper invoice
- lets users’ search the archive using a variety of criteria, such as date range and the message type of the files being transferred
The optimum archiving service should work seamlessly with your company’s existing systems and technologies. If so, it will allow the capture and archival of data in the correct format right across your organization. As technology continues to evolve, it costs more time, money, and resources to collect, preserve and present your archived data. Our archiving service lets you easily get access to your preserved data whenever you need it. It also optimises your systems and allows you deal more effectively with all your current business tasks.
With our years of experience, Celtrino know how important it is to secure, protect and convert documents without risk to the original files.
To learn more about our e-Archiving Services and how Celtrino can help your business, contact us today or call us on +353-1-873-9900