Public Sector Suppliers
Do you supply to, or are you looking to supply to, the public sector?
In April 2019 Directive 2014/55/EU was implemented, which calls for the definition of a common European standard (EN) on electronic invoicing (e-invoicing).
The EN ensures that all European public sector buyers and suppliers can receive and send e-invoices across Europe using a single format. As a result suppliers do not need to adjust their sending practices to connect with different public sector trading partners.
Adoption of the Directive is mandatory for European public sector buyers, however it is not yet a requirement for suppliers, although it will be in the near future.
The Directive has significant incentives for suppliers:
- According to DIGIT, there are over 150,000 e-invoice receiving organisations connected across 20 Euro countries, plus Singapore, Canada, USA. Adopting e-invoicing enables suppliers to connect to a wide range of European public bodies in a quick and seamless manner.
- E-Invoicing adoption rates of up to 25% (nearer to 40% across Western Europe, including Ireland and the UK) are expected within 3 years across Europe, according to the Irish Office of Government Procurement. Suppliers need to act quickly or they will fall behind.
- The cost of processing a paper invoice can be up to €13 to the supplier. Depending on the level of automation, the net benefits can be savings of between €4 – 12 per invoice (EESPA). An estimated €920 million in savings has already been recorded over the last three years through e-invoicing. Many users have been able to reduce invoice processing costs by 50-75%, with a return on investment of over 60% per annum.
Celtrino can get you trading with the public sector today. We provide a PEPPOL Access Point solution that you can connect with and send electronic documentation that will reach your trading partner quickly and securely, even if they are using a different access point. No matter what messaging format you use, the document will be presented to your trading partner in a readable means. We provide integration with all the leading ERP providers. Our solution ensures that all documents you send can be stored securely for future easy access.
- Increases – business activity insights, savings on invoice processing costs, access to an extended trading partner network, business productivity, efficiency in payment time and clarity in invoice processing.
- Reduces – invoice processing time and costs, invoice issues and queries, manual data entry, document storage clutter, postage and printing costs.
In April 2019 we were chosen as the framework supplier to Irish public bodies for e-invoicing compliance. Using our solution enables you to connect seamlessly with the Irish public sector today and to expand your trading network into Europe.
We have 30 years’ experience in e-invoicing solutions.