Celtrino specialises in business process and supply chain document automation solutions. With over 20 years of successful trading under our belt, Celtrino has consistently delivered outstanding business value to a customer base of over 600 companies of all sizes, from sole traders to multinationals.
As a pioneer in the provision of outsourced managed EDI services, Celtrino has long championed and delivered innovative reliable and feature rich on-demand supply chain solutions via the cloud.
Senior Development Lead - Quality Assurance (QA)
Summary: Celtrino, founded in 1989 is a 30-50 employee sized company. We develop all our products and services in-house and reach more than 20,000 clients across Europe. Our solutions deliver a unique savings opportunity to supply chain management costs by automating paper based processes.
Our talent pool of best-in-class employees and consultants combine domain expertise, proven methodologies and superior technology to deliver a unique set of competitive advantages that meet client needs.
The product development side of our business has been growing steadily for some time and we have identified a number of additional quality assurance initiatives to introduce and maintain.
We are looking for a seasoned Development QA lead, confident and able to set up the systems needed and work with a team of experienced developers who will use the company’s key values, namely market focus, quality, innovation and teamwork.
Overview: The Senior Development Lead - Quality Assurance (QA) - is a senior engineering role in the Engineering/Development team. The holder of this strategic role must possess Quality Assurance and Development expertise and a strong level of technical knowledge.
The Senior Development Lead - QA will help the company set the QA direction and improve the efficiency of how we build products and services of the highest standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage practices to ensure quality throughout all phases of development including requirements, design, and right through the code and test phases in all systems
- Recommend a range of QA tools and methodology and manage the implementation
- Introduce and setup systems and tools and practices to enhance software engineering
- capability in areas such as: source code control, configuration management, continuous integration, code coverage analysis, code reviews, code quality tools, automated code testing tools (e.g.: static analysis tools)
- Establish and promote robust architecture for effective project execution and product life maintenance
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness
- Ensure development activities by multiple teams, across multiple products, services are coordinated and aligned in terms of architecture, design patterns, reusability, release planning
- Identify deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance
- Evaluate and enhance QA standards, technologies and approaches
- Carry out Quality Assurance analysis on products for new or existing clients
- Attend Development/engineering meetings with Senior Engineering representatives, and project management owners
- Determine if the content to be QA’d can be fitted into an existing program
- Determine criteria if the product to be QA’d is suitable for client delivery
- Craft a QA program overview for the new line of business in conjunction with business owners
- Efficiently organize the maintenance, update and development of the software applications that will enable our client to materialize their vision.
- Define a detailed set of QA production steps in conjunction with the company model
- Inform relevant teams that a new maintenance or QA requirement is being prepared
- Evolve a best practice approach to the creation, maintenance and delivery / distribution of software QA training
- Communicate technical knowledge and resolutions to engineers/developers, contractors, and other members of the project team
- Manage QA tools standards for each client
- Troubleshoot — Solution of problems that arise in QA/engineering process and Compile and improve Celtrino products until it meets the required quality standards
- Commit to support cost savings brought about by efficiencies introduced by you
- Craft a quality assurance element for each production program that will measure the quality of client deliverables
- Support the company’s method of capturing and reporting quality metrics
- Assist in reporting pre-defined cost and savings metrics for the development team
- Be the escalation point for QA team
- Represent Celtrino within industry forums and conferences
Qualifications and Experience:
- 10 years Software QA and/or Development experience
- Solid experience defining and implementing strategic QA plans across all areas of the business: software development, systems architecture, testing, client support
- Demonstrated experience improving development practices to raise quality such as: continuous integration, code coverage analysis, code reviews, code quality tools, automated code testing tools, configuration management, release management
- Working knowledge of contemporary software quality assurance processes, methodologies and testing tools
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (iterative, agile)
- Thorough knowledge of testing and quality assurance in the Microsoft O/S family, .Net development environments, languages(C# / ASP.net), SQL Server, platforms and tools (e.g. Team Foundation Server)
- Ownership of business solutions for the role
- Ability to develop and deliver training material
- Proactive in taking initiatives
- Strong communication skills
- Personal effectiveness
- Creative problem solving
- Team building
- Experience with Microsoft Azure would be an advantage
- Report writing an advantage
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or a related technical discipline
- Minimum of 10 years commercial Software and/or Development and QA experience
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a CV to email@example.com
If you're interested in hearing about opportunities as they become available then please subscribe to our newsletter below.
It is Celtrino policy not to work with recruitment agencies. If you are a recruitment agency, please do not contact Celtrino.
Celtrino is an Equal Opportunities employer.